Learn with Josh Best about how a long-short strategy works, the origins of long-short investing and how short selling actually works. You will also learn about ways to source and research investment ideas as well as how to identify the catalysts that unlock the value of those ideas. Listen to Josh share stock stories throughout the course with a module dedicated to a case-study on Spotless and why Josh took a position in this company.
Learn from Mike Surridge about how to approach portfolio construction and risk monitoring of a long-short portfolio. Hear from Mike about how he set limits, what risks he looks at in a portfolio and how risks are controlled for in a portfolio.
What you will learn?
- About long short investing
- How short selling works
- How to source and research investment ideas
- Why catalysts are need to unlock value
- How long short portfolios are constructed
- The qualitative factors to look out for when utilising the value approach to equities
- How to manage risk in a portfolio