Learn with James Williamson from about how to build a portfolio of Australian shares utilising a value investment approach.
This course provides a unique insight into the approach used by an investment manager unaccessible to the average investor. Learn from, James Williamson as he shares his take on value investing and the methods he uses to screen and identify companies for inclusion into his portfolio. Additionally learn about why pyschology is important when investing and what techniques can be used to avoid being caught by common psychological biases.
Finally listen to a case study on Nuplex and what drove James to include this stock in the portfolio.
What you will learn?
- What are the key elements to consider in a value investment approach
- Why prices are not always driven by fundamentals
- Why it is important to pay attention to the pyschology of investing
- Screens that can be used to short-list companies for further analysis
- What characteristics to look for in a company when investing
- What to consider when building an investment thesis
- When to sell a stock as a value investor