This course provides a deep insight into the value investment approach taken by one of the experts in the industry. Listen to Robert Swift describe the use of value, momentum and quality factors within a quantitaive screening model as well as what checks are required to avoid being fooled by the accounting tricks or caught out by strategically weak companies or those with poor governance. Use the models provided by the manager to road test this investment style, so you too can screen for stocks using the VMQ approach. Finally listen to case studies on selected international stocks where he shares his views on why he invested or chose not to invest in those companies he analysed.
What you will learn?
- How the value investment approach works, the rationale for why it works and emperical evidence
- The value, momentum and quality factors which can be used in this approach
- How to build a quantitative stock screening model
- The qualitative factors to look out for when utilising the value approach to equities
- How to construct a concentrated portfolio that is representative of the broader market